Violations against media activists in August are divided as follows:
• Killing: SNHR documented the killing of nine media activists in August as follows:
– The Syrian regime killed seven media activists including media activist who died under torture.
– The Islamic State killed two media activists
• Arresting and kidnapping: six kidnapping cases have been documented as follows:
– PYD’s Asayesh forces kidnapped one media activist while two foreign female journalists were kidnapped by unidentified armed groups. Also, two media activists were kidnapped by IS and one by armed opposition.
• Injuring: Five injuries were documented all of which were at the hands of the Syrian regime.
• Other violations: eight other violations were documented including properties and freedoms violations. Both of the Syrian regime and IS were responsible for four of these violations.